Thursday, January 1, 2009

My New Year Resolution

Each New Year, I always come up with a set of Resolutions. It's more of what I'd like to do and not the usual "want to change a habit-thing". I've been placing "To be more organized" on the top, but its always been a 60% done (or 40% failed for that matter) so now it falls under number 4 because I will be prioritizing number 1 and 2. I should have combined the first two resolutions because I had a hard time choosing which should come next to the other, but ended up with being fair..

Here's my Year 2009 Resolutions:

1. Have more time with the kids - I am expecting that I will only live for an average of 60-65 years. Now I'm 35, so there's only around 25-30 years left for me. And because kids grow so fast, I want to enjoy every moment spent with them now that they are still small. In a couple of years more, Helen will be 7 years old and I wont be able to carry her in my arms to sway her to sleep. Mikaela is nearing her teenage years and starting to dislike toys so I wont be able to play with her anymore. She will be interested in other things other than play with me..

2. Make up for the lost times with Katkat - this is the thing that I'm sure I will regret for the rest of my life. Leaving Katkat when she was 3 years old and letting her grow without me. It's imaginable that there are times when she needed a mother and I'm not there. I dont want her to hate me so I will give my best to make up for our lost times. If only people are not that selfish..

3. Love family more (parents, siblings, aunts, nieces, nephews) - nobody loved me as they loved me, they are always there when I needed them and they never failed me so I will give them back all the love they've been giving me.

4. Be more organized - clutter free and mess free on everything.

5. Wake up earlier than usual - I've been waking up as early as 5:30 am but its not enough for the many things to do every morning. Cook, prepare kids' pack lunch, school uniforms and school stuff, prepare the breakfast table, wash dishes, prepare self for work, drop kids at school, and many other tasks in between. So, I decided to wake up 30 minutes earlier.

6. Budget/Save- year 2009 will be financially tough and I'll be having the monthly amortization of my loan. I decided to allot the budget only the basic necessities-food, school stuff, medicines, & utilities. No more shopping and travel and less on not so important matters.

7. Be more careful in decisions - there are wrong decisions that I made in the past year so this year I will be learning from my lessons.

8. Find a higher paying Job - the need arises from resolution no. 5

Actually the initial list is 12 but due to lot of thinking and planning, I came up with only 8, they're the most important and I'm sure that at the end of this year, it will be a 0% failed (though I worried with no. 6).

Happy New Year Everybody!!



5 comments:

sweetytots said...

hi, im sorry if my question is too personal but why do you have to live without katkat? I searched your blog for a story or something but I didn't find any. If you don't want to answer its ok. Im not judging you or anything.. but Im just curious... I can feel the pain you feel, I know its such a hard decision on your part, whatever it is. But as a mom, I understand, my story is so complicated too, no matter how different yours is I already understand. Wish the best for you and your kids this coming year.

christina said...

it's because i still had an issue of child custody with the father of Katkat & Mikaela though we had our own separate lives now. Each of us now has our own new family. Thanks for understanding, wishing you and your daughter Jea the best too..

Anonymous said...

Goodluck on the coming year!
and yes, if only people are a little too selfish...

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I too wake up @ 5.30 every morning and it's really tiring with just serving my husband, how much more with kids. You are one super mom! I enjoyed reading your post, God bless you in achieving your goals this year.

sweetytots said...

Thanks for you honest answer. Well, life is really complicated.. and it is never fair too I learned that the hard way.

Just leaving you sweet thoughts!
sweetyttots from the sweet..pretty and naughty.. me..

Looking For Something?