Wednesday, January 21, 2009

He who hesitates is lost

I did it. After being skeptical of quitting my job, I am now officially tendering my resignation as Village Accountant of Punta Fuego effective Wednesday, February 18, 2009. I never thought of quitting such a great company, but when the opportunity arose, and as we all know that there's a current crisis, I had to take advantage of it. I really had a hard time deciding whether I'm going or I'm staying. I held back not because I'm afraid of what the new company is expecting from me or because I lack confidence, but because of the 4 long years that I've been through with Punta Fuego. I lied when I say that I won't be missing anything. In fact, I'm trying to suppress my tears now that I'm writing this. But what gave me the strength to decide is my family. I want the best for them and Im willing to sacrifice everything. People say that my family is lucky to have me. Not true. It's me who's lucky to have them.

However, no enough words can describe how I really liked Punta Fuego. I cannot say enough wonderful things about all the people I've encountered in my years of service with them. It has taken me to new levels and I really appreciate all the professional and personal help that I got from all the people that I've worked with. But I really, really have to go. Since my heart is saying thatt this is the right thing to do, therefore I'm ready to do it. Anyways, I just hope that we will stay in touch as I begin a new chapter in my life. Gonna miss a lot really.

No comments:

Looking For Something?