Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Can text messaging ruin a relationship?

Nowadays, with the latest technology and the cutting edge ways of communication, it is very easy to send messages. Just a few strokes and a push in the ‘send’ key of a mobile phone, it is with so little effort to say what you want to say without verbally expressing yourself. But, although we say that this is a state of the art way of communicationg, yet, text messaging someone can be very dangerous. This can also ruin friendships because a text might be sent to the wrong person or someone can share your text with somebody else, but that only means you need to be true to whomever you were talking about.

Why am I saying this? Something happened last Friday, January 8, 2009, a day before the birthday of my friend Leah. This is also the day of my final interview with Pico de Loro Club. On my way home after the interview, another friend Mylene texted me and invited me over for dinner at our favorite spot. She said that she also invited Leah. Since I got a new job and Leah’s birthday is a day ahead, I said that it can be a double celebration for us.

After dinner, we agreed to have a little drinking session but I told them that it would be just a bottle for me for I’m already tired and sleepy. My interview was scheduled at 8:00AM and I woke up 2:30AM to catch the first trip to Manila. So after my 1 bottle of San Mig Light, I went home. The two of them jokingly booed me but told me that they will text me when they’re already drunk so I can send them home which they did but I’m really sleepy that I just read the text the morning after.

But at 6:00PM the following day, I got a wrong sent text message from Mylene. I know that she had a mistake of sending this message for me which she intends to send to somebody I didn’t know who. The message goes like this: “Ng-usap kmi khpon n Leah. Snbhan nga din ako n wag msyado twala ke Tin at kadaldal nga daw. Ung away nila ni Janice e c Tin daw ang nagpalaki tapos hugas kmay.” This really got me enraged and needless to say, I forwarded this to all of our friends including Mylene and Leah. I got tons of textbacks but I hesitated to reply to anyone. Let them think what they want to think. I can’t imagine that these two invited me over yet after I left they talked about me behind my back, to think that I considered them as my friends during my 4-year stay at Punta Fuego. This has made me to come to conclusion that you cannot find a true friend from the place that you’re finding money

I'm hurting so bad, really. But thanks to them, transferring to Pico de Loro would be easy to bear now. Nothing to miss anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a blessing in disguise I guess because you got to find out their true color...
Its not your lost...

God bless...

-abie-

christina said...

thanks Abie.. I just felt bad because I've been a true friend, always there whenever they needed me, come running in a mere call. It hurts so much..

Makoy said...

thanks for being a sponsor :)

Amn said...

what the text meaning... i hardly read it as im from malaysia but i know its not a good thing...can u translate it?

enjoy reading ur blog page !!

be strong!

Looking For Something?