Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

116 days to go.

I was awaken by a cold breeze coming from my window. I overheard Lola Doray said to my daughter Mikah "Ber-month na!". And as I switched the tv on to watch the early morning news, I heard the song "Ang Pasko ay sumapit" playing on the background. I said to myself, it's beginning to look and feel a lot like Christmas. I expected that my officemates will say the same words to me. Today is just September 1 and there seemed to be lots of Christmas greetings going on. Philippine's Christmas is really the longest Christmas season in the world.

As Christmas nears, there are many things that we are expecting to happen or that we are preparing to. Christmas decorations, Christmas parties, Christmas shopping, Kris Kringle and a lot more things. Sometimes we forgot the main reason why we are celebrating Christmas because many of us focus on such activities.

Maybe I can say this because of the depression that I'm still feeling from losing my mother. I really don't know how to celebrate Christmas when deep inside me I know that there's something missing. But nevertheless, I'm still thankful of having Christmas to celebrate. We'll still attend Simbang Gabi, we'll still prepare gifts for the kids, we'll still have our Noche Buena. I know that everything that happened to us has a reason, and for every loss, something new is there in return. And there's an addition to the family coming very soon. We still have that possitive view in life and on Christmas we'll be celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. After all, 'tis is really the season to be merry.

No comments:

Looking For Something?