Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sore Eyes



Go to fullsize image

I’ve been paranoid lately. It’s because three of my officemates contacted “sore eyes”. I am worried that I might get it too. Well not for myself but for my kids! I had sore eyes once and I knew how irritating and embarrassing it was.

Sore eyes or conjunctivitis in medical terms is an inflammation or infection of the transparent membrane (conjunctiva) that lines your eyelid and part of your eyeball. It is commonly a viral or bacterial infection.  Bacterial conjunctivitis often produces a thicker, yellow-green discharge. Both viral and bacterial types are very contagious

When you suspect of having sore eyes and you can’t see a doctor right away, here are some remedies that did helped me a lot when I had it. Hope it’ll help you too.

  1. Apply a cold compress to your eyes. It may help you relieve the gritty feeling and the burning sensation in your eyes

  1. Try eye drops that can be bought from a nearby drugstore. It also helps relieve the symptoms.

And when it’s really sore eyes that got you, please prevent it from spreading my goodness!  Remember that you transmit bacteria from your eyes to your hand and when somebody touches something that you touched, he or she might get it too.  So practice proper hygiene.

  1. Don't touch your eyes with your hands
  2. Sanitize your hands often.
  3. Don't share clothes and towels.
  4. Change beddings often.
  5. Don’t share cosmetics.
  6. Don’t kiss/hug your kids!

If you think you have sore eyes, it's vital to find out ways to treat it. Sore eyes left untreated can lead to a more serious problem.  And when you suspect you kids of sore eyes, just don’t take it for granted, see a doctor.

No comments:

Looking For Something?