Many of us knew little about Goji Juice. But haven't we heard about some remote villages where the average life expectancy can reach over 100 years? Sounds like coming from Ripley's, but believe it or not, those stories are true and based on facts. One example is Ningxia Province of China where people were rumored to be between 120 and 150. In this same region also is where the finest Goji berries are abundant, thus where our story of Himalayan Goji Juice begins.
My ninang introduced me to Goji juice. She had brought few bottles from her trip to Guam a few months ago. I thought that goji is only available in micronesia, but I was surprised to see them at the ultrasound clinic of a local doctor in our place. A bottle costs 2000+, a price quite expensive for an ordinary person, but come to think of it, here are some health benefits that Goji juice is about to give:
- Anti-aging effects
- Anti-cancer effects
- Enhanced immune system response
- Prevention of damage from free radicals
- Resistance to fatigue and tiredness
- Protection of the eyes, enhanced visual acuity
- Enhanced weight loss
- Benefits to diabetics
Each Goji berry contains:
- Antioxidant protection.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B6, and E.
- 500 times more vitamin C per ounce than an orange.
- More beta carotene than carrots.
- 18 essential amino acids.
- 21 trace minerals including; zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium, and phosphorus.
- Linoleic acid.
- Tetraterpenoids (zeaxanthin, physalin).
- Sesquiterpenoids (cyperone, solavetivone).