Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pancit Bihon ala Stan


Pancit Bihon is a popular food among us Filipinos. Introduced by Chinese, it is usually served with calamansi and the basic ingredients are cabbage and some mixed vegetables, slices of chicken, soy sauce and patis and ground pepper for seasoning.

Last July 23 was my 36th birthday and Stanley generously offered to cook the Pancit Bihon himself. He knew how to cook and he cooks better than I do. Its just that during weekends, he's too tired to cook that all he wanted to do is sleep or watch his favorite tv shows. But because July 23 is my special day (ehem ehem), no matter how tired he was, he still insisted that he will cook my pancit. I'm elated and overwhelmed but I still managed to take pictures while he's cooking. He said "walang makikialam diskarte ko 'to". Here' how he did it.



In a large pan or wok, he sauted the crushed garlic and sliced onions



he added the cooked and shredded chicken breast




then the chicken broth and the mixed vegetables until cooked



soy sauce, patis and pepper to taste



then the pancit bihon, cooked for 5 minutes until the noodles are soft (take note to soak first the pancit bihon for 10 minutes prior to cooking to soften).




Tada! Pancit bihon ala Stan! It's super sarap that my officemates took some when they went home and they can't believe that it was Stan who cooked it. Another new-found talent for him. At least he still has an option aside from being "tindero ng sabon". Am I being so lucky?








2 comments:

Rosa said...

i love pancit bihon. i used to eat it all the time even in resto. hehe

I hope you can visit my blog of sahmo /
rosamuth / life in palawan / istar blog / chikka blog / express liife / baby blog and pink precious

vicy said...

Hello!!Thank you so much for the visit and comment on my page..Take care and God Bless!!

Bihon looks so yummy..Hmmmm

Looking For Something?