Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oh Boy, I'm having a boy!

Children . . . they string our joys, like jewels bright, upon the thread of years. ~Edward A. Guest

I am one of the few mothers who suffer the so called hyperemesis gravidarum. It's a severe case of vomiting and nausea during pregnancy which cause is yet to be known. It was said that 1.5% to 2% of mothers suffered such case (very unlucky me). I was hospitalized due to severe dehydration and malnutrition and I lost 5lbs on the first month. I was so stressed that it made me ill that I need to get a leave from work for a month. My doctor gave me medications but she said it would be just help ease the case and not to cure. She gave me large doses of Vitamin C to strengthen my system, Vitamin B Complex to ease nausea, Antacids to prevent acid reflux, and Phenothiazine injections to help ease the vomiting. I was also given Vitamin A because my eyes weakened.

My case of hyperemesis gravidarum subsided on the 16th week. I'm so thankful that my loved ones we're there to support me and help me on my needs. The doctor who's just a phone text away, the father who's willing to do all the household chores because I've been "useless for 4 months, the kids who never missed giving hugs and saying "i love u mommy", and my mom who's been there supporting me till the last days of her life.

Now I'm on my 28th week, hyperemesis gravidarum now is just a thing of the past. I eat a lot, sleep a lot, do the chores, drop the kids to school, check on the father, go to visit mom, and a lot more things that made my father say "magpahinga ka naman". And my last ultrasound said I'm having a boy. Oh boy, I'm having a boy! And he's showing a lot of activities in my tummy, a little acrobat I got here hahaha! The girls were so exited that they kept asking me when is my due date. We can't hardly wait.

1 comment:

genejosh said...

wow congrats! you're having a boy! I do vomit on my first trimester but yours is soooo severe..Buti nalang OK ka na..Thanks sa visit Christina...

Looking For Something?