Friday, September 12, 2008

tolerance


it's been almost 6 years since me & my husband separated and its not too short of a time to say we haven't moved on yet. indeed i moved on. but few days ago when me and my eldest daughter were going to a local store nearby, we came pass a lady neighbor. my daughter then asked me something that's so deafening. "mommy, what is a broken home?" i asked her what made her ask that. she said that this lady neighbor that we passed by once asked her how she felt now that she has a broken home.. My goodness, how can people be so cruel!? i knew that one day my daughter is going to ask me about my status with her father, but i'm not expecting that it will be that way. we'll at my calmest self, i just answer "baby, maybe because the house is damaged or the people living in it have broken arms and legs that's why it is called a broken home. is our house damaged? are we broken?" my daughter just laugh, i don't know if its about the idea of having broken limbs but i know eventually she will understand...

2 comments:

Dinah said...

is your lady neighbor still alive ;-)

christina said...

tolerance.... ;D

Looking For Something?