Saturday, March 9, 2013

Taking It To A New Level



Estanley wanted me to learn how to cook. He believed that I’m the one who doesn’t need much effort to make a dish tastes good. In fact, he believed that I’m a good cook. It’s just that I’m lazy doing the other duties like I hate going to the market, I hate washing a lot of dishes, pots, and pans, that I love eating out more. But Estanley just wouldn’t give up. In December 2011 he bought a Lagermania oven for me to learn how to bake. It’s been more than a year but I haven’t used it yet! Well, I still cook a lot of usual stuff like our favorite sinigang, kaldereta and karekare which I had perfected. But Estanley wanted more. He wanted me to cook fancy foods! The kinds that he saw on Master Chef! Haller kamusta naman ako? But thankfully, my daughters were there to inspire me to learn how to cook again. Last time I asked them out for dinner they refused and told me “mas masarap ka pa magluto dun”.

So, I therefore conclude that it’s really time for me to take it to the next level. I’ll learn how to cook again. And it’s a sure less expensive way to bond with my kids that eating out, would you think so? And for my cooking stint no. 1, here it is.

Carbonara


Ingredients:
250gms Fettuccini pasta, cooked
1 tetra pack (250ml) all purpose cream
1 small can mushrooms, sliced
Bacon, sliced
3 tablespoons Olive oil
1 Onion, sliced
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 cup Chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
1.       Heat olive oil in a pan, sauté garlic and onions.
2.       Add bacon and cook until brown.
3.       Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
4.       Add chicken broth and all purpose cream; bring to boil under medium heat.
5.       Add salt and pepper to taste, stir constantly for 30 seconds until creamy.
6.       Blend through cooked pasta.

Carbonara is best served with garlic bread and iced tea. Enjoy!




No comments:

Looking For Something?