Monday, April 4, 2011

An Open Letter To My Eldest Daughter

My Dear Mikaela,

I’m so proud of you. Seeing you walk the stage to get your elementary diploma made me teary-eyed. I know you’ve worked so hard on your studies just to please me. You worried that these were not enough, that you never made it to the top ten of the class, but baby having you here with me is more than enough, you’re perfect. I remember taking you on your first day of pre-school. You were so shy and so small and you would cry and I would hug you and said “It’s OK”. Then I would stay outside and listened if you would cry and it was funny, I was the one crying.  I always wonder what you were doing at school and I’ve been thinking about you all throughout the day. I can’t believe that here I am still watching over you as you begin a new life for high school.

You were born a beautiful baby girl and grew up to be a pretty young lady. I know you have all the opportunities to shine. I will be worried that there will be lots of suitors knocking at our door but as what I’m always telling you, I will be there watching over. I’m glad that we have this mother & daughter relationship that I know and you know that we can talk about anything and you can trust me on everything.

I love you so much. I love you everyday but you can never know how much I love you and I can never say it enough.  Though you’re a perfect daughter for me, I may not be a perfect mother to you. I made mistakes in my life but I’m so thankful that your unconditional love made you forgive me. And I love you ever more.

As our favorite Kung Fu Panda line goes: “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, that’s why it is called the Present”.  Yes, today is a gift, more to me than you. Believe that you will go far and I know you will get it. Wherever life leads you, I’ll be there anytime you need me.  I love you so much and I thank you for giving me happiness every day of my life.

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Dinah said...

ang sweet naman, kakaiyak ;-)

bebe antukin said...

congrats to my inaanak...and more congratulations to her mom! love you both!

wengski said...

naiyak naman ako dun.blessing talaga yung mga kids to us parents.our love for the cannot be measured by any gauge,tape measure,ruler etc etc...lols

Looking For Something?